Under supervision, performs work relating to installing, maintaining and repairing piping, controls and equipment for heating systems, compressed air systems, refrigerating systems, air conditioning systems, steam and hot water systems, fire suppression systems, cooling systems and sprinkler systems; performs related work.
Installs, maintains and repairs piping, controls and equipment for heating systems, compressed air systems, refrigerating systems, air conditioning systems, steam and hot water systems, fire suppression systems, cooling systems and sprinkler systems.
- Installs boilers, feedwater, vacuum and condensate equipment, fuel oil piping and related auxiliary equipment.
- Lays out work from plans, specifications and sketches.
- May work with welding and brazing equipment.
- Supervises the work of Steam Fitter's helpers.
1. Five years of full-time, satisfactory experience acquired within the last fifteen years as a Steam Fitter; or,
2. Not less than two-and-one-half years of such experience acquired within the last ten years, plus sufficient full-time experience as a helper or apprentice to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of experience will be credited for each year of apprenticeship or helper experience or for each year of completed approved trade or vocational school training in the steam fitting field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location