LocationMatthews, NC 28105
Job TitleCUSTOMER SERVICE\u002FCASHIER
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. The Cashier is an essential part of customer service in any Academy store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly, and accurate checkout experience for all customers. Through this important work, the Cashier impacts customer service, profitability, and Academy’s Purpose.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1 year or previous related work experience preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol and telephone preferred
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members
- Operate and coach others on use of POS equipment, symbol and telephone
- Ability to promote, encourage & secure credit card applications A MUST.
- Reads, interprets and follows documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals
- Writes routine reports and correspondence
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems.
- Provide prompt, friendly customer service and operates cash register for all transaction types including returns, credit applications, hunting and fishing licenses and sales.
- Accurately balance transactions run through an assigned register.
- Zones merchandise and maintains merchandising guidelines; stocks impulse racks and sets and maintains impulse/front end POGs.
- Performs price/SKU look ups.
- Supports incoming and outgoing merchandise transfers.
- Performs housekeeping duties including, but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up trash, emptying trash and spot mopping.
- Maintain and exhibits knowledge of cashier processes and procedures.
- Reads, understands and follows company policies, procedures and safety rules
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior.
- Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Constantly required to hear, stand, handle, use fingers, grasp, and use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers) and feel.
- Frequently required to walk, reach, and talk.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull.
- Constantly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift 11 to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to work flexible schedule such as nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Matthews, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location